Education and Related Background
Allan Taylor graduated from North Vancouver Senior High and attended the University of British Columbia where he studied Economics and Psychology in his undergraduate years. Allan graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from the U.B.C. Faculty of Law.
Allan practised law in private practice with an emphasis on real estate law - handling thousands of real estate related transactions. In his practice he acted for buyers, sellers, builders, developers and many financial institutions.
Allan Taylor left the private practice of law in 1980 and moved to the real estate brokerage business. Allan started in the real estate business with several years of very successful sales and then moved to sales management and the position of Vice President of Operations for Sussex Realty. The North Vancouver office very quickly became the No.1 sales volume office in the Greater Vancouver Board.
Allan Taylor ultimately became the President and CEO of Sussex Realty Corporation and was instrumental in building the organization from a one office sales firm to a diversified franchise organization of over 550 salespeople and 22 offices. Allan was also instrumental in the initiation of the company's very successful insurance and mortgage brokerage divisions.
Allan Taylor has been very active in the community and has served:
- as an Alderman on the North Vancouver City Council;
- as a Board Member of the Lions Gate Hospital Board of Management;
- as a member of the North Vancouver City Advisory Planning Commission;
- as a Board Member and President of the Capilano College Foundation - currently serving as Past President;
- as a big brother in the Big Brothers' organization for several years;
- as a coach and manager of many childrens sports teams including local football, softball and soccer teams;
- and, has served on many charitable fund raising committees;
Allan Taylor was awarded the "Distinguished Citizen Award" by the District of North Vancouver in 1991 as one of 100 citizens in the past 100 years to be recognized for achievement, community spirit and service to the community.
Allan is married to Carroll who is also a life time resident of the North Shore. Carroll is a full time real estate assistant to Allan - handling a multitude of duties including web-site management, marketing, and administration. Carroll and Allan have four grown children - Shelley, Steve, Theran and Ryan. Allan and Carroll have been full time residents of Osoyoos for the past 17 years.
Allan Taylor has the education, background and experience to provide you with the excellent service you deserve in the sale or purchase of your home.